What is the EOLAS Programme for Service Users?
EOLAS is a Mental Health Information and Learning Programme for service users with a diagnosis of schizophrenia spectrum or bipolar disorder. EOLAS also provides a programme for family members and friends.
The focus of each EOLAS programme is on the promotion of recovery. The programmes include:
- Discussion groups
- Question and answer sessions
- Case studies
- Paired and individual learning activities
- Guest speakers to deal with specific areas of expertise
- Recommended reading
- Encouragement of self-directed relapse prevention strategies
The EOLAS Programme is unique, it provides information through peers (service users and family members) and clinicians working together using knowledge gained by lived experience and clinical expertise. It is our hope that this learning will assist you by promoting confidence on your journey to recovery. To ensure that EOLAS is meeting people’s needs each programme is evaluated.
What service user participants have told us about the benefits of attending an EOLAS programme:
- Increases knowledge of mental health conditions
- Increases knowledge of services provided by the mental health team
- Increases knowledge of managing relapse prevention
- Increases awareness of self-care
- Increases hopefulness
- An important source of emotional support
- Increases confidence for self-advocacy